Dodge speedometers

zogian

HeHey I am having a bit of trouble with the speedometer on my dodge wc51 the speedo needle just bounces around the place when driving (thought it could have come loose) so I took the flooring out and the cable. Pugged one end into the gear box and tried to turn it and got resistance. I hen tried the same thing with the head and the needle moved when manually turned. So assuming it was just loose plugged it all in again. When we went to drive the vehicle the speedometer still didn't work and so I. Am stumped as to what to try next please help!

jay

The speedo on a Dodge is for general refrence only anyway! :-D They are undamped so do move about when operating. It may be worth trying to run some light lubruicant, I like good old 3 in 1 oil, or light machine oil down the cable inside , that may help .But it does sound as though you have a breack in the inner cable.

Hey all

thanks for the replies. I have had the inner cable out and it is fine and well oiled so am now ocmpletely stumped as to what its going on my inclination is that it is the wrong cable (possible) or there is something going on at the bottom end of the cable (not a happy thought)

jay