A 1930's Christmas Day photo with the Royal Tank Corps at the North West Frontier.

DesertBlooms88

Brilliant picture.....research suggests 11th Light Tank Coy, RTR...........

The RTC became the RTR on 4th April 39, but clearly there would have been an overlap of RTC and RTR insignia for a while......the L/Cpl in the centre retains the serge SD jacket, with two good conduct stripes, RTC titles and an interesting "star" insignia above his rank chevron.....possibly indicating a driver ?

The single-breasted pre-war greatcoat also seems to remain in use......and the presence among some (British) troops of the khaki side cap would suggest late-30s when this item came back into general use........? I wonder if this was Christmas '38 or possibly '39....?

Brilliant picture.....research suggests 11th Light Tank Coy, RTR...........

The RTC became the RTR on 4th April 39, but clearly there would have been an overlap of RTC and RTR insignia for a while......the L/Cpl in the centre retains the serge SD jacket, with two good conduct stripes, RTC titles and an interesting "star" insignia above his rank chevron.....possibly indicating a driver ?

The single-breasted pre-war greatcoat also seems to remain in use......and the presence among some (British) troops of the khaki side cap would suggest late-30s when this item came back into general use........? I wonder if this was Christmas '38 or possibly '39....?

Thankyou for your reply.

Its like a whole new picture with some many details being highlighted.

With regards to the date i am afraid i can only state 1930's.

Incidentally here are another two photo's which i believe are associated with the first image.

HMVF 1.jpg

hmvf 2.jpg

DesertBlooms88

Edited by DesertBlooms88