HorseGuards event

Hopefully this is in the right section....

Another item in the latest CMV is on page 11 the Household Cavalry Pageant in June.

The MVT members here may remember a request for vehicles a while ago - Preston then passed on the details to the Army who would contact the owners of the vehicles they chose directly - and all went dead. I was talking to Lee the other weekend and neither of us had heard of anyone being contacted by the Army.

However the item in CMV in describing the event says "The Pageant.... will feature 220 horses and men, 2 mounted bands, 50 historic and contemporary armoured vehicles and at least one camel".

Which kind of raises an interesting question as to where the historic contingent of these 50 vehicles are coming from.....

Welllllllllllllllll

I just happen to know of one thats coming from Essex :whistle:

You must have missed the original request by Preston Issac in Autumns Windscreen. As far as I know there are a few of us from the Essex area going.

3 days logisitics and rehersals and 1 day for the Pageant itself.

Apparently it will be televised as well as DVD's being available.

Will be good by all accounts

Nope - saw the original request and submitted the requested photos to Preston.

Guess poor little Maud wasn't what they wanted!! :cry: :cry:

Congratulations though John - hope you enjoy the day - who else managed to get selected from Essex??

At least I can now free that time up in the diary for other things!!!

Will have to settle for the televised version as £20+ tickets are bit too much.....

Oh??

You said last Sat nothing had been heard - all this come out up this week then???

Whatever - have fun up there :-) :-)

Yep heard this week.. could be looking for crew though.. as they want MV's fully crewed, they are providing correct uniforms.. :-D

Well- if some ones looking for crew volunteers you know where to find me - they might have problems fitting me out size wise though :-)

Out of curiosity - when did the info arrive?? Seems uncanny we talk about it on Sat and the info comes out less than 7 days later!! :-) :-)

Another manifestation of laws of Murphy I guess!! :-) :-)

Hi Folks,

As an Ex Life Guard.... :whistle:Whoever goes, Lee, John etc. When you speak to Mike Whatltey... Just mention you know me!!! Fred Hughes!!! He is a Major now... I knew him as a Trooper!! Good Old Boy! :whistle:

Wish I could go but can't get the time off! :cry:

I saw the add last year, but only for the event not for historic Veh's... Otherwise, I would have found a way to get there! :-D

I even display my old Regimental Cypher on the turret of my Ferret and I wear my old badge in my berret. :evil:

They missed out there really didn't they!

All the Best

Annika & Fred

[attachment deleted by admin]

This is true - and I don't mind volunteering for the 4 days as I've got to use 30+ days of vacation prior to June 30th. Indeed the time was provisionally booked at work anyway on a just in case basis.

However - I was assuming that, in a long established group, crew positions would aready have been filled and didn't want to "push" as it were!!

Would have been courteous for at least one of them to have replied though....... :-(

So - if any one is short a crew member you know where to find me :-) :-)

This is true - and I don't mind volunteering for the 4 days as I've got to use 30+ days of vacation prior to June 30th. Indeed the time was provisionally booked at work anyway on a just in case basis.

However - I was assuming that, in a long established group, crew positions would aready have been filled and didn't want to "push" as it were!!

Would have been courteous for at least one of them to have replied though....... :-(

So - if any one is short a crew member you know where to find me :-) :-)

Neil,

I did send you a PM about crewing the Armour... :dunno:

Re: Horse Guards Parade

« Sent to: ArtistsRifles on: February 11, 2007, 23:58:07 »