1968 pattern smock

boots dms

Theres a nice early 1968 pattern smock on e bay item no 221153153932.

Looking at the pictures it appears to have the old thicker drawcords as per the 1960 pattern smock.( I did,nt copy pictures as i am not sure of copyright etc.).I have seen many of these smocks but never one with these drawcords.Just thought it may be of interest.I did bid myself but its gone above what I would pay ,plus I already have 5 of these all size 5 in various shades pattern etc , time to call a halt methinks.The auction finishes at 1820

Ah ! I HAVE seen another such smock factory-fitted with the earlier '60 pattern drawcords (at Sabre Sales a couple of years ago now)......can't remember the maker but it had all the signs of an early production example, circa 71-73......

I guess this was a simple variation by a manufacturer using up stock of the earlier cord (usually cut from a huge roll).....

I have LOADS of NOS 68 pattern smocks and trousers in storage, of all dates, variations and colours........many will be featured in the book in due course........:-D

Ah ! I HAVE seen another such smock factory-fitted with the earlier '60 pattern drawcords (at Sabre Sales a couple of years ago now)......can't remember the maker but it had all the signs of an early production example, circa 71-73......

I guess this was a simple variation by a manufacturer using up stock of the earlier cord (usually cut from a huge roll).....

I have LOADS of NOS 68 pattern smocks and trousers in storage, of all dates, variations and colours........many will be featured in the book in due course........:-D

Thanks, i must admit I find the whole subject quite fascinating,and your book is something I look forward to seeing.