Welland Show

boomboom

Hi All

Now that I have got over the show weekend I thought I would let you guys and gals know how it all went :D:D and boy what a show it was with well over a 100 military vehicles and I was talking to Mike Phelps who organises the military side of this show and for next year they are planning to make the military enclosure as big again to accept even more Military vehicles and Mike is up for anything in the Military line up so if any of you guys have an idea or want to fire something have a word with Mike Phelps and i have never seen this before but they even let the Military heaveys have a go in with the tractor pullers and pull the sled.

Now for all of us who like the sound of a big Petrol or Diesel engine working its guts out the tractor pulling was a highlight for me and at night it was even better with all the flames and screaming and whistling of the blowers even the main band the Wurzels were droned out at some points and they were in another field. This show caters for a lot of tastes of people and its the first time I have seen a security done like this but on your wristband there was a phone number and if any one was having any grief from an idiots you ring the number on your wristband and the Rapid Response unit was there in 3 minutes and there was an awfull lot of them .

I was asked by Mike Phelps to fire the 155mm in the arena and I asked him if I could try an additive in the charge for a better effect and he said try it:D:D:D:D:D SO I DID and I put in some Magnesium flakes and from were I was stood it looked like GOD used a flash when he took a photo of the gun firing:D:D:D:D:D:D and when i get the video back from the show I will post it up here for ya all.

My point is that if any of us military guys and gals have something we want to show no matter how big or small it is ...have a word with Mike Phelps about it and do it in front of thousands people looking on as it sure made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up:D:D:D

All in all guys in my book of shows this one stands on the top of my list along with the Overlord and Wartime in the Vale shows.

And this is just my personal opinion.

Well done and thank you Welland for my great weekend.

BOOMBOOM

PS

I forgot to tell you all and now how rare is this ....On the Saturday a nice old chap came over to me and we had a good old natter and it turned out that he was head of the design unit from the start of the FH70 Development and has gifted me with an engraved section of the very first barrel of the FH series of barrels :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi P

Yes what a great show :D really enjoyed the convoy run up there on sat morn, even the Champ thing behaved itself :D July next year will be hot and sunny so i will be there for the full three days as usual its a great occasion to catch up with old friends and have a laugh and a chat.

Catch up for a pint sooon,

Cheers RR

Ps don,t forget, not to get your wires crossed !!!!

Hi P

Yes what a great show :D really enjoyed the convoy run up there on sat morn, even the Champ thing behaved itself :D July next year will be hot and sunny so i will be there for the full three days as usual its a great occasion to catch up with old friends and have a laugh and a chat.

Catch up for a pint sooon,

Cheers RR

Ps don,t forget, not to get your wires crossed !!!!

SHUUSSSSSH Jerr

If all this lot know I messed up a little I wouldnt hear the last of it .

Did you see the 432 having a go at pulling the sled ...I didnt......Any idea of what happened with his gearbox or what went wrong ???

boomboom:angel: