Morris CDF 30 cwt 6x4 - cab picture

chrisgrove

Hi guys

I am a modeller and I am trying to make a model of this rare bird. There exists a kit, but I am suspicious of the cab detail (no doors or windscreen, so all is pretty obvious). On the kit, the bonnet, inside the cab, extends, level all the way, from front to back of the cab, but if this is correct, where would the gear lever go? I think the bonnet should be shorter, or at the least, taper from front to back.

There was a CDF at Beltring last year or the year before, of which the cab appeared to be complete (I think there was no body on it), but I didn't see it this year. I took some pictures which I now cannot find. But maybe the owner is a member of this forum. If he, or anyone else for that matter, could put a picture of the inside of the cab of the CDF on this forum (or send it to me as a PM), I would be extremely grateful.

Chris

Hi Chris,

There is a CDF, actually think it is a CDFW as I recollect it is winch equipped, residing in East Sussex. Think I last saw it at the Festival of Transport at Hellingly (always August Bank Holiday), so might be worth popping over to have a look. If it is not there, always an assortment of other interesting vehicles to be seen.

regards, Richard

Thanks for that, Ivor (and you Richard). The kit is made by Giesbers Models from Holland and is 1/76. Obviously now it needs a bit more work than I had already worked out! I do not like the radiator grille, the ventilation hatches on the top of the bonnet are omitted, but the overall shape is not too bad.

I'll have to see about going to Hellingly!

Chris

Richard

I went; it was there and I collected some useful pics. It has had the back cut down a bit and made into a recovery vehicle, though the data plate clearly shows it was built with a '10ft GS Body'. The kit cab is certainly a bit out.

Nice show, and the rain stayed off while I was there, though the public car park was interesting!

Many thanks again for your tip-off!

Chris

Richard

I went; it was there and I collected some useful pics. It has had the back cut down a bit and made into a recovery vehicle, though the data plate clearly shows it was built with a '10ft GS Body'. The kit cab is certainly a bit out.

Nice show, and the rain stayed off while I was there, though the public car park was interesting!

Many thanks again for your tip-off!

Chris

Ah, glad it was not a wasted journey Chris! If the car park was the usual stubble field, I can imagine it being interesting ;)