New to here, be gentle!

rodbargee

Just joined the forum with the acquisition of my new (to me) vehicle. Its a 1956 Volvo TP21 Radio car better known as a Sugga. It's a vehicle I have fantasised about getting for decades and I should have indulged myself a long time ago when someone I know was importing stuff like that.

But last week I bought the one that was on Ebay and I'm delighted with it. There are plenty of "Issues" to get to grips with but its a mobile restoration project and its Taxed Mot'd and running fine. Horrified looks from the family and passers by alike:-D I shall be picking brains and would be interested to know if any forum members have one!

Regards toScreen shot 2012-08-11 at 18.31.21.jpg all:-\

Welcome, I had one several years ago and really enjoyed it. All you need is a trailer full of weetabix so you have the energy to turn the steering wheel!

I may still have some manuals for it if you need any, just let me know,but dont forget the swedish language lessons so you can read the info.

best of luck

Welcome, I had one several years ago and really enjoyed it. All you need is a trailer full of weetabix so you have the energy to turn the steering wheel!

I may still have some manuals for it if you need any, just let me know,but dont forget the swedish language lessons so you can read the info.

best of luck

I would be very interested in the manuals, my Swedish is as good as my chances of winning the lottery! However google and Bablefish may help!

This Sugga for reasons of economy has had a diesel engine and gearbox unit installed. This is a Perkins 6-247 (4 litre) engine, the donor vehicle being a Dodge 50 series Truck. Hi and Lo Box's and optional 4wd plus the Sugga's own Difflock system. AND POWER STEERING!!!

It makes it a pleasure to drive albeit slowly! And almost economical:laugh:

Thanks for the welcome!