Austin Champ 1624

simondema

Hi all

I have made inquiries regarding the past history of my Austin Champ 1624. I received the following email from the Austin Champ Registry:

RV WAS GEO/R/3051 AND DIS 15 JAN 53: THIS WAS THE ONLY CHAMP WITH THIS RV AND DATE WHICH INDICATES THAT IT WAS SENT TO A UNIT ALONE. GEO WAS GEORGETOWN IN SCOTLAND AND THIS MEANS THE UNIT WAS EITHER IN SCOTLAND, NORTHERN IRELAND OR NORTHERN ENGLAND.

THE S/O DATE OF 11/1/67 AND AT RUDDINGTON MEANS EX TERRITORIAL ARMY 1960'S IN ENGLAND OR WALES.

THIS VEHICLE WAS NOT SOLD THROUGH WD SALES BUT WAS PURCHASED BY PRIVATE BID BY AUSTRALIAN DEALER.

UNLESS YOU FIND MARKINGS ON VEHICLE [sEE WEBSITE], I'M AFRAID NOTHING MORE IS AVAILABLE. Does anyone know how or where I can get further information on my vehicle? I would think that if it was the only vehicle to be sent to a unit, then it would not be too hard to find. I assume such units are non-existent at present, but surely someone must have kept records.

Any information will be much appreciated.

Regards

Simon