Corowa Swim-In Special Edition newsletter at War and Peace

Jan (Swim-In)

Hopefully all the HMVF people will drop by and see Richard Farrant who will be promoting Australias Largest gathering of military vehicles. Richard is now on our Khaki Vehicle Enthusiasts Committee. We are trying to encourage people from throughout the world to visit Corowa in March so we have designed a special edition KVE newsletter for Beltring. If you see Richard he will gladly give you a copy. He will have a few signs up with past promotion and will also have past Corowa DVD's for sale.

The largest gathering of vehicles was 266 in 2010 when our theme was Year of the Jeep. Each year we end up with a number of overseas guests and if you are interested in attending we would lke to hear from you. We can help advise you on details such as accomodation, places to visit, the program and any other questions you may have. Take a look at our website: www.corowaswim-in.org and read up on past reports and information related to our next event.

If you would like to be included on our database please send an email to: kveinc@optusnet.com.au

There will be a number of Aussies visiting Beltring and they are always impressed with the event and how welcoming everyone is. We would like to reciprocate. John Belfield who owned the Melbourne Tank Museum is looking forward to attending again this year. He had such a great time last year he couldn't wait to go back. He was our guest speaker at Corowa this year and it was facinating to hear about his interest in military vehicles and motor racing. You won't believe it but he turned 80 last year.

As Jan has said in the previous post. we are publicising the Corowa event to a wider audience. Anyone contemplating a visit to Australia, might like to plan it around our event. Not big by W&P standards, but participants make huge efforts to cross the country to take part, it is so popular. For the last two years we have had an owner of a SeriesIII Land Rover drive 2,000 miles each way just to be there, and at this year's event three Studebaker US6 trucks were brought down from Queensland on a B-Double outfit, see the photo.

At W&P, I will have some special editions of our KVE Newsletter, giving full details of the event, with tourist info, reports from the event in March, plus lots of photos of vehicles seen at Corowa in recent years. I can be found in America Field, with my Bedford QL, if not around, please call my mobile number which is on my webpage listed at the bottom of this post.

Look forward to chatting to you there. :-)

regards, Richard

Shane Hodby 001.JPG

Just thinking.

How will we recognise you in the America's field?

Will you have a flag or such?

Good question, have not got a flag, but look out for a Bedford QL cargo, with 79th Armoured sign on the front (bull's head on yellow trangle). There will be some display boards beside it and a large old army marquee behind it. Think there could be a Halftrack in with us as well.