Brothers in Arms: The Epic Story of the 761st Tank Battalion

Joris

This book I can recommend to anyone, it's about the 761st Tank Battalion (Colored) which consisted entirely of black soldiers. The battle stories you have probably read before but the racism they had to experience while in the states and the contempt with with they were received by white soldiers is unbelievable.

After reading this book I simply can't believe that Black soldiers were willing to fight for a country that treated them like that. Still they volunteered in their thousends but very few were allowed to fight because the army thought they were unfit for combat.

Amazon.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's a great book - bought it to read on a flight. Flight passed in no time as I read it cover to cover... Racism in the WWII US Army was a terrible thing.

Anyone remember the After the Battle magazine where they went to the site of shootings of black GIs in a Lancashire Street? Bamber Bridge the place was called.

JC

It's a great book - bought it to read on a flight. Flight passed in no time as I read it cover to cover... Racism in the WWII US Army was a terrible thing.

Anyone remember the After the Battle magazine where they went to the site of shootings of black GIs in a Lancashire Street? Bamber Bridge the place was called.

JC

Do you know which issue this was? I might backorder it.

• 4 weeks later...