Evening all from Clive Elliott

fv1609

p><p>Before I put the other pcs on I

Nice to have a UK based MV site for people who use & play with them. Most sites on MV & AFVs seem to be for modellers (bless them) & an obsession with German AFVs in particular.

May I draw the group to these links:

http://www.shorland.info/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shorland/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HUMBER-FV1600/

Thanks

' alt='>'>

Hi Clive,good to have you on here! HMVF is really starting to cover a broad range of MV owners,from WW1 trucks,to WW2 US,British,Canadian and German vehicles,through to post war hardware.

Thanks again to Jack for making this happen 8)

Yes hello everyone. Condenser testing fetish is still going strong, I managed to test a number at Beltring for several people 90% failure rate! Including some that had just been bought on a stall.

The other fetish is British army technical documents the collection is over 100ft high now, the oldest one I found was at Beltring dated 1884.

I've been trying to post pics of my vehicles here, but fortunately only tried one & that failed. I have some pics on photobucket, I copied the URL then pasted on here having clicked the image button. What should I be doing? The FAQ advice on posting images was vague for someone who doesn't know what they are doing. On another site on a similar set up I couldn't post but the URL link was clickable in my message & in a few seconds people could go over to it, but here the thing doesn't want to do it.

Yes I am really grateful for a UK basesd forum, the MVT forum seems not to have any postings for 2 years, once they changed the format I could never get in, perhaps others had the same problem? Seems an opportunity missed there.

the oldest one I found was at Beltring dated 1884.

the MVT forum seems not to have any postings for 2 years, once they changed the format I could never get in, perhaps others had the same problem? Seems an opportunity missed there.

Hi Clive,

Guess that publication must have been one of the early EMERs covering Boedecias Chariot?

Yes, The MVT forum, it did work ok on the original format, although not many using it, but the latest one defies anyone to get into it.

regards,

Kewelde

your RR "B" series helpline (you know who I am now?)

Good to have you here Clive and as Matt says, HMVF really does have a wonderful spectrum of MV owners and thank you for adding a few more!

As Shane says, make yourself at home but make sure you put the cat out!

Cheers.

Jack.

PS. here is a tutorial of how to post images http://www.hmvf.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=98 any problems then please do get back to me.

Kewelde? OK, go on then who are you really?

Jack. Right here goes. My mistake was pasting the URL not the image tag

DSCF1204.jpg

If that came out, this is the oldest pig in the world! Many pig owners say their pig was made in 1953 or so. But that only refers to the date the chassis was made, production pigs (FV1611 & FV1612) started in 1958. My baby here was made in 1956, it was one of 20 prototypes being a FV1609. It was later made into a hard roof in 1960 for police duties. In 1962-63 it was painted grey, so thats what I painted it last year. But at shows it seemed to confuse people or trigger mirth (or anger curiosly). It went back to the army in 1970. So it's in its 1963-69 colour scheme, which makes life easier for everyone.

Right here's the rest of them. This is what the army did to 2996OI in 1973 made it into a Mk 2. I had to take all that stuff off, it's 6 years & still not finished. There are about 60 diffrences between 2996OI & a standard Mk 1 pig.

27BT9501.jpg

My other pig, note where this one is parked.

HumberLane2a.jpg

I believe the only driveable one in the world, well there were only 24 production vehicles. It fires Malkara, but it is not widely known that it was originally conceived to fire Orange William. Yes my Avtar is an Orange William.

Hornet2s.jpg

This GS probably beyond it now!

DSCF2202.jpg

My day to day vehicle.

DSCF0055s.jpg

Shorland Mk 1 Serial No. 9 . 1965.

Beltring93.jpg

This is the mother of all the Land Rover based APCs, prototype for Shorts SB301. Janes states first protype was made 1973. This was made in Belfast in 1968. BTW It is for sale.

mySB301Prototype.jpg

This was 2996OI last year which seemed to confuse some people.

DSCF0013s.jpg