Installation of Clansman VRC321 into FV432

arnie

Hi All

I am currently installing a Clansman VRC321 into my FV432.

I have purchased a copy of 'BASIC RADIO, THREE SET, B HARNESS IN TRACKED VEHICLE APC FV432 - TECHNICAL HANDBOOK - INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION

SUBJECT: INSTALLATION OF UK/VRC 353, UK/VRC 321 AND C42 NO 3 WITH BID 150'

According to the introduction on the front page of the manual 'the items comprising the installation are listed in tables 1 - 6 and are supplied in CES Nos 44750, 43754, 44681, 43428, 42921 (2N), 42992, 42921 (2F), 43906, 44687, 44696, 44750'

However, these tables do not appear in the manual I have purchased. Does this mean that the tables and all the installation requirements are listed in the further manuals so I have to purchase a complete set? Or does anyone know where I can find all the installation requirements in one document?

Many thanks for you help

Arnie

Go to http://www.ferret-fv701.co.uk/intercoms_&_radios.htm and it will give you the basic setup.

You'll need a Turf (Tuner) connected to the VRC321 with coax, and out of the back of the Turf a short length of stranded wire insulated with bowl insulators into the base of the antenna base connector, alternatively the Turf can be mounted remotely and coax from the "C" connector on the front of the turf using coax to a dipole centre.

A Surf (selector unit radio frequency) is only needed in a multi radio setup.

From the VRC321 into the harness is a multiple connector & cable into the IB3 this will then pass audio to and from the VRC321 and well as changing it from receive to transmit using the pressel switch going to a headset.

The Website also gives details of other boxes which can be connected into the system using the wiring harness.

Hope this helps!

D&J

Hi All

I am currently installing a Clansman VRC321 into my FV432.

I have purchased a copy of 'BASIC RADIO, THREE SET, B HARNESS IN TRACKED VEHICLE APC FV432 - TECHNICAL HANDBOOK - INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION

SUBJECT: INSTALLATION OF UK/VRC 353, UK/VRC 321 AND C42 NO 3 WITH BID 150'

According to the introduction on the front page of the manual 'the items comprising the installation are listed in tables 1 - 6 and are supplied in CES Nos 44750, 43754, 44681, 43428, 42921 (2N), 42992, 42921 (2F), 43906, 44687, 44696, 44750'

However, these tables do not appear in the manual I have purchased. Does this mean that the tables and all the installation requirements are listed in the further manuals so I have to purchase a complete set? Or does anyone know where I can find all the installation requirements in one document?

Many thanks for you help

Arnie

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Does anybody know how this base plate that fits onto a VRC321,fits into my FV432?.I was going to place it next to the Commander,only there are not any lug's to bolt it down there.I will have to weld some there to hold it down or possibly it sits in the back near the fixed fire extinguisher?.Any help gratefully appreciated.:undecided:

Regards

Arnie

new base plate 022.jpg