Recoilless Champ

skiprat

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60994[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60997[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60996[/ATTACH]

As some have asked ... photos of my Champ as it was intended to be used as a combat truck (CT)

the replica rifle and vehicle mounts have been made from the few photos available. I have seen photos of two methods of mounting the rifle on the back of the champ, One type made in Cyprus for the Suez crisis (painted light stone) and another type photographed in the UK and painted green,

the Light stone ones had a non folding type barrel clamp, bracing across the bonnet, spare wheel mounted on the side of the body.

The green ones had a folding type barrel clamp and the vehicle body was raised to mount the rifle.

Finding the info on these vehicles has been very difficult. The airborne museum had a few photos but no information on their use. I believe there was only about 20-24 recoilless rifles fitted to champs across the Parachute regiment and the Royal Marines