Lubrication points on Humber Pig Equipment

It has been well scribed that a grease gun and indeed grease is not the correct lubrication product or method.

Whilst I believe the 'Andy 5000 high pressure lubrication system' is the thing to have I would like to know what is the end attachment that actually clamps on and delivers the fluids.

I have a Sealey Catalaogue in hand that appears to cover every Automotive requirement from small car to major garage workshop.

Can anyone help with the end nozzle on the 'Andy 5000' or explain if such old fittings are not catered for anymore unless you have the old tools/ didpensers to start with??????

Thanks

Wayne I'll answer more comprehensively later, but do not buy a modern slide on or slide off lubricator end they seem to fit the military lubrication "nipples" quite well but they do not form a tight seal & will allow oozing at the point of injection. You need a proper bulky heavy duty the Empire was founded on this type military termination. These things from agricultural & tool places are not much good for our purposes.

I'll see if I have a spare proper no nonsense fitting.

Clive all the attachment on the most massive of dispensers appear to suit the modern grease nipple, no matter what size. They are however MASSIVELY differnt to the FV1601+ scenario and that is where I was suffering for guidance.

When FV1611A 4 Grds was moved after transport I noticed that a lot of her joints where lubricated has weeped some grease or other as a result of me playing with the steering under movement, to check for feel and play etc....

Whilst this was great it made me think the lube points were full off grease and not the correct recipe!

A&A told me a funny tale, or not the other day about a replacement refuse collector team and emptying a wheelibin......It was full of parts and they were on Black Refuse Sacks.................

A&A told me vivedly how DP was Hopping Mad and followed them to the land fill and when they emptied the cart all items were crushed and wrecked...............One of them was and Andy 5000, so I guess I missed my retail opportunity right there......:undecided:

Wayne it is only the Tracta joint housings that require oil, the joints in the suspension arms etc require grease. Pity you didn't park it under 50 miles from me & we could have crawled around together. Alternatively I will be running a Humber lubrication refresher course by arrangement. Once you have got more familiar with her underside call in & have a refresh under mine?

Consider this reply a reservation.............It will be soon also, so get the kettle on!

Still want to know how you fill Tracta and Cobham Joints if you haven't got the thingimy bob! Gadget

Any excuse to crawl under a Humber and learn from Yoda is always appreciated! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks

Pity you didn't park it under 50 miles from me & we could have crawled around together.

Its close to A&A but maybe not close enough........

Maybe if I paid your fuel and had some Geman wine chilling you may stretch the extra distance???????????

I know I am pushing my luck now.....:D

Wayne now that its gone dark & there's bound to be little of intelligence on the box, perhaps a little bit of course work? Peruse your pictures & try to mentally identify the structures you see by reference to the User Handbook, parts book & EMER Technical Description. The TD is particularly good at bringing the functions of various components to life, although cross-sectional diagrams for me are always a bit difficult to interpret unless you know the structure reasonable well already!

Still want to know how you fill Tracta and Cobham Joints if you haven't got the thingimy bob! Gadget

I may have a spare small hand operated device that would do, complete with correct end piece. I need to check tomorrow.

It would be tedious to do a complete refill with one but topping up should only be modest if all is well. Pity it wasn't nearer then you could buy the oil and the fish & chips then I could bring my "Andy".

I may have a spare small hand operated device that would do, complete with correct end piece. I need to check tomorrow.

It would be tedious to do a complete refill with one but topping up should only be modest if all is well. Pity it wasn't nearer then you could buy the oil and the fish & chips then I could bring my "Andy".

I am starting to think a move closer to Salisbury would make sense............:):)

All these offers of help you are giving..............

All joking aside thanks Clive. You know how much I appreciate your advice and guidance :bow::help: