Nice WW2 video

iltisman

....mentions burying aircraft and equipment when they left.

.....0nly for it to be dug up some 65 years later :-)

Some of the remains being excavated here are reputed to have come from the boneyard at Pulham Market, shown in such fascinating detail in this video footage.

Dig7.jpg

Edited by N.O.S.

What a great piece of history, surprised to see a GMC 352 near the end of the video. The artillery were short of them but they seemed to turn up in all sorts of places and situations. Thanks for posting.

Edited by Degsy

It would appear that a local 'detective' has formally identified the entire route of the road journey undertaken in this video - so I suspect that as soon as the salt has disappeared from the roads, a modern version (with period vehicles of course) may be in the making :cool2:

Edited by N.O.S.

The scene driving down a built-up high street shows on the right Mulley's Garage with a couple of pumps on the pavement. Jack Mulley will probably be a familiar name to the pre-ww2 boys as he was a very early pioneer of commercial vehicle preservation. I don't know if he had any ex military vehicles?

It would appear that a local 'detective' has formally identified the entire route of the road journey undertaken in this video - so I suspect that as soon as the salt has disappeared from the roads, a modern version (with period vehicles of course) may be in the making :cool2:

I have been called many things in my time (most of which being totally unrepeatable on such a family orientated forum), but a 'local detective' really takes the biscuit !

"Evening all.........!"

PS - Watch this space regarding the details of a future WWII convoy related event following the exact Suffolk roads taken in the aforementioned East Anglian Film Archive black and white footage of Honington Airfield.

Now if NOS really got his act together and finished his Autocar in time, he could have a starring role in recreating the exact vehicle coming the other direction in the exact location, now positively identified from the WWII footage..............Food for thought ay Tony?