Need to ship trailer from UK to US

Geordie8888

I'm looking at shipping a trailer from the UK to the US, door to door. Does anybody know of a shipping company that could arrange this for me. Alternatively, is there anybody who is just about to ship a vehicle over who could share a container with me?

Kingstown Shipping in Hull, ask for Steve, Alan, or Mark, tell them Gordon sent you :blush:

They will organise local pickup here, consolidated container shipping, and local delivery in the US. As cheap as anyone else I've used and much more efficient as shipping this sort of stuff is their core business.

( No commercial connection, but the more people I refer the more biscuits I get when I visit )

Gordon

Kingstown Shipping in Hull, ask for Steve, Alan, or Mark, tell them Gordon sent you :blush:

They will organise local pickup here, consolidated container shipping, and local delivery in the US. As cheap as anyone else I've used and much more efficient as shipping this sort of stuff is their core business.

( No commercial connection, but the more people I refer the more biscuits I get when I visit )

Gordon

Fantastic Gordon - will give them a go.

Thanks a lot.

No problem, Whatever Kingstown quote feel free to try to get something cheaper, but the one time I used someone else ( no names ) to ship trailers to Canada they arrived in bits ...

Bottom line costs would be around £1 per loaded mile for the pickup, and $1 per loaded mile for the delivery, plus container percentage, dockside taxes, etc.

Be aware there may be additional taxes payable before it can be delivered, not too much, but your receiver and you should have some agreement about squaring up for those.

Kingstown will give you numbers, but have to hand the length, width, height and weight of the item before you call, plus the pickup postcode and delivery zip code, and do make sure you send a good Bill of Sale with it, copies up front to Kingstown and your receiving party.

Hmmm, sorry about that, though I'll admit most of my stuff has come this way across the pond. Might be worth staying in touch with Kingstown in case they have a client that needs to ship a container out and it has space in it,

Apart from that I wouldn't recommend anyone else as my other shipping experiences have been - less than ideal