New scam

schliesser92

Those wily West african gentleman have got a new phishing scam going. At the moment limited to Germany, but coming your way soon!

It's an e-mail supposedly from PayPal, suggesting that there are difficulties with your security code, and asking you to check your details. There is a link provided. What happens is unknown to me, as I didn't touch it with a bargepole!

Why?

1) I ain't a Paypal customer!

2) I have an appalling lack of trust in my fellow man!

Paypal are aware, as are the local law and regional crime squad.

Hints to these mails:

1) a good internet/e-mail provider has a good spam filter, and if it ends up in the spam folder, and if it looks like a ......

2) PayPal don't send such e-mails out

3) the German version was from "Bestaetigungs" (German for confirmation, only there ain't no S on the end!)

4) At the bottom it came from PayPal Germany Pty Limited

German companies are GmbH or AG or KG. Pty (Proprietry) is an identifier used in Africa (surprise, surprise), India, SE Asia and the Australian/New Zealand sphere of influence (wot there is!)

Be careful out there!

I've had so many scams in many languages.

Supposedly from Paypal, national banks, lotteries and offcourse those ones in which you get a share of millions of$$$$ from deceased or arrested buisenessmen.

Those from our banks are easy to spot; its Dutch but not good enough. Its just not correct use of sentences and words.

There is a scam going on at the local Tesco carpark here right now....so be aware!!!

You will be approached by two tall blond Ukrainian girls asking directions, as they lean in your window they will force there way into your car then get you to drive them back to their place. They then spend the night having their evil way with you. Its only on the way home that you realise they have stolen your wallet.

It happened to me last Tuesday, Thursday and two times on Friday.

ps...anyone know where I can buy some cheap wallets?

There is a scam going on at the local Tesco carpark here right now....so be aware!!!You will be approached by two tall blond Ukrainian girls asking directions, as they lean in your window they will force there way into your car then get you to drive them back to their place. They then spend the night having their evil way with you. Its only on the way home that you realise they have stolen your wallet.It happened to me last Tuesday, Thursday and two times on Friday.ps...anyone know where I can buy some cheap wallets?

lol:clap::rofl::rofl: