Lowloader Essex

VolvoFH12

Hello, my name is Andy, I am an enthusiast of all things old! and work for a company that operates a lowloader in the Colchester area, we are already involved in moving vintage vehicles and steam traction engines. Evenings and weekend work not a problem. Please call me on 07768 478031 if we can be of assistance.

Welcome to the Forum Andy

People here will likely snap your hand off come next seasons rush to move stuff. Must get interesting with driver hours and log books if you do lots of hours, you must be hot seating it in the cab with different drivers!

Sorry i'm not close enough to take advantage of your services

R

Yes, we do have alot of experience with wider loads, even upto 5.5mtrs!

I have read on a previous thread that your tracks are 2.9mtrs overall, how wide are the tracks? or the measurement between the tracks?

Our current trailer is 2.55 mtrs wide with 200 mm outriggers each side.

Andy.

Yes, we do have alot of experience with wider loads, even upto 5.5mtrs!

I have read on a previous thread that your tracks are 2.9mtrs overall, how wide are the tracks? or the measurement between the tracks?

Our current trailer is 2.55 mtrs wide with 200 mm outriggers each side.

Andy.

From memory - the width across the outer edges of the track is 2850 mm and each track is approx 350mm wide. I can re-check this tomorrow afternoon though...

We used Rex's unit first year round to get to W&P - they had the outriggers but the ramps did not extend to cover and as we tried to drive up the tracks straddled the ends of the ramps. Luckily where it was stored had a number of light railway sleeper so we used 6 a side to make up ramps.... :nut: