We have Ignition...

We have Ignition...Windscreen.First class article Mr. Elliot well done :-)

Thank you very much, its always encouraging to know if someone reads this stuff. Actually it was a much longer article, but as you read there is pressure on space. I would sooner have an article chopped into two than have bits chopped out here & there. So hopefully there should be part 2 next time.

On page 75, the thing that amazed me is that so many distributor caps became routinely damaged due to that extra nut on the condenser terminal. There is no EMER or recognition of the defect, yet they all get damaged if they have that second nut. Something of an oversight that has been present for 50+ years :roll:

Part 2 carries on from the difficulties of getting high performance ignition needed on CVR(T)s that then moved onto electronic ignition & description & results of the Jolley system. Plus some of my experiences with fuel saving devices, magnets & spark enhancers. Including x-rays I took of three leading "spark enhancers" + a home made one!

Clive