fv430 series vehicle interior trim

afvnut75

Hi can anyone tell me as theres not much left in one of my vehicles. Where i can aquire the vynil covered sponge padding that fv430 series vehicles have,Ive been looking into the option of self adhesive horsebox padding but this has come to a dead end as no one knows who does it in my locality, Idealy i would like to get hold of 2 great sheets of the padding which is already vinyl covered and self adhesed on the back and cut it to shape Any one know where i can get hold of this stuff from in order to finish off my fv434

Thanks

If you're talking about the diamond patterned vinyl it is called Trakmark made by Dunlop & can be obtained from yacht chandlery places in various colours. It is very expensive. It is then stuck onto the foam.

TRAKMARK.jpg

I relined a Shorland that used this. If you use normal foam it is difficult to shape at edges & in small section. It is too porous & when you apply the glue it largely collapses.

I got hold of some roll mats for under sleeping bags. Damaged ones are very cheap. Glued it to the vehicle with thixotropic impact glue. Then trimmed & bevelled the edges with a sharp blade. Then glued the Trakmark on giving a couple of inches overlap. When the glue had set peeled up the edges of the foam then re-glued the Trakmark underneath the foam, clamping it where possible.