British Web Equipment

wdbikemad

During the 1980's and 1990's I made a concerted effort to collect examples of NOS British WW2 37 pattern webbing. Back then, you could get almost everything wartime dated and new......I'm now glad I did, as current prices for certain items are now steadily rising with some items nowadays very scarce and expensive.....such as WW2-dated belts, pistol holsters, small packs, officers satchel haversacks, etc......

I ignored the 44 pattern then as it was still in limited use......but a couple of years ago now I noticed that 44 gear was becoming harder to find NOS......particularly waterbottle carriers, decent bottles & mugs, plus the pre-'65 haversack....

Some of this rarity has come about by the excellent reference books on post-war webbing & jungle webbing that have come out in the last couple of years........anyway, I made a concerted effort (again) and found nearly all items NOS both wartime and post-war dated without breaking the bank.......yet I have still to find a NOS small pack (pre '65 small version) and only last week finally managed to find a NOS waterbottle carrier to go with the NOS bottle & mug I found at Beltring last summer........

58 webbing....well, you can still get it all NOS and reasonably cheap.....but belts are becoming very hard to find NOS and with repros now on the market......(Sabre Sales still have quantities of NOS most items at VERY cheap prices)....needless to say, I've put together a set, plus a rare nylon 70s issue trials set....

85 trials pattern PLCE has been more difficult, but I've now got most 'bar the yoke and utility pouch......

Plus, I have two full sets of NOS 72 pattern trials webbing.....and a full NOS set of the increasingly scarce green 90 pattern PLCE......

The point is...if you are interested in acquiring mint webbing....best to start searching now ! I thought it would be simple but the odd item continues to elude....:(.....!!!

i have got 3 full sets of 58 inc map cases, pistol holsters etc full set of OD plce DPM plce i am currently working on 37 and 44 lol

i use all mine for airsoft and some living history so they are set up to be used so might not follow the handbook but it works for me lol