'Survival Scarf' for Mk3 Cold Weather Aircrew Jacket

Enfield1940

Hi,

Amongst other things on the 'instructions' label of my 1971 dated Mk3 jacket it states:

"SCARF A scarf (Stores Ref. 22C\2587) should be stowed in the collar of the jacket for use under survival conditions."

Does anyone have some info on what this is? What it looks like? Can they be got hold of still? etc. I've tried searching, but haven't turned anything up.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi,

Amongst other things on the 'instructions' label of my 1971 dated Mk3 jacket it states:

"SCARF A scarf (Stores Ref. 22C\2587) should be stowed in the collar of the jacket for use under survival conditions."

Does anyone have some info on what this is? What it looks like? Can they be got hold of still? etc. I've tried searching, but haven't turned anything up.

Thanks,

Mark

Just an olive drab knitted double-thickness short scarf........similar for the jacket liner (sleeveless nylon quilted thing very similar to the army issue) and waterproofs (green nylon).........

Thanks. I don't suppose you could point me towards a picture of something suitable?:)

Cheers,

Mark

Sorry Mark - haven't got one to photograph and only saw one during my RAF days......I suspect that the item was (and still is) little-used........

• 1 month later...