Underseal us every where & rust - what to do??

pockers

Question

In the process of trying to repaint my jeep and sort any rust, I have noticed the entire underneath - body & chassis has been undersealed some time ago.

This has split/cracked in places creating a water trap and causing rust with the underseal just flaking off.

At the moment the underseal seems to be doing more harm than good.

Should the under body even be undersealed?

Am I best removing the underseal, sorting any rust, prime , paint and then treat with waxoyl or

Is it best to remove the old then re underseal ?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Edited by pockers
Spelling mistakes

There was a bloke I knew at MOD who was a paint expert, asking what to put on a chassis caused a four hour reply. He had pictures of paint drying, they were absolutly beautiful! :D

As for Vactan application, the stuff I had was quite old and seemd to work better if there was a 12 hour gap bettween coats. We also sprayed the underside of the Range Rover with a parrafin gun loaded with Vactan, that worked very well, if a bit messy.

Edited by Tony B

Ok so summer is here (apparently) and i havent got as much done on the jeep id hoped

Mot is due in two weeks and theres a rust hole about 10" x 3" in the tub

Its behind the passenger seat where the wheel arch meets the floor pan about 3" in from edge

No seat belts so no issue re seat belt mount/structure

Will this mean an mot failure?

Can i just weld a plate over it as a temp mot passing fix? Or will it need cutting out and full replacing ?

Any advice gratefully recieved