Para Smock

Borderlord

I have been given a para smock by a friend, and this is the badge on the sleeve....but underneath there is the outline of a patch that has been removed.

Would like to know what it was as I would like to replace it.

The smock has seen a few N Ireland tours.

Many thanks..............

Dunnyboe 243.jpg

That WOULD have been a DZ Patch. (Drop Zone) Red 1 Para, Blue, 2 Para, Green, 3 Para, Black 4 Para, Blue over red 7 RHA, Black with a superimposed red 'X', 10 Para. I was Battalion Attached Armourer with 3 Para for 2 Years & wore exactly the same. (Green Patch) ....... AIRBORNE! :D

You are both right technically but immediately below the wings would be the DZ Flash (as mentioned above) with the rank below it, if the wearer was an NCO then there would be 2 squares like the one shown DZ Flash over Rank patch if a Pte then just the DZ flash

Gary

Very many thanks indeed for all the information.......................

Was just having another close look and there is the faint outline of what was another patch underneath the DZ one.

Picture of the smock itself.

What I would like to know now.....would anybody have any of the said patches spare???????????

Would like to make the whole thing complete...................

Thanks again.........

smock1.jpg

• 1 month later...