Hi All!

Connor

Hi all!

My name is Jef, I'm from Belgium, and I came here through several websites that were boasting about how helpful you guys are over here :D

I'm planning on buying a willys jeep... which I went to check out yesterday... But I'm looking for a few second opinions.

Vehicle history:

Owner got it as a present from his father 20 years ago. He bought it from the guy that renovated it. He told me it was an original MB... but sadly that's not true.

The toeboard gussets and the body number stamped on the firewall suggest the body is from an M201... also the hinge on the hood had 13 segments instead of 9 on MB's...

I'm not sure about the frame... it doesn't have the data plate rivetted to the front bumper-support... but it does have something stamped there that looks like "MB?? 303911" IMG_4734.jpeg

The engine says "JEEP" instead of "WILLYS" and has some sort of chinese or vietnamese dataplate??? Anyhow... it has asian lettering on it... You guys have any idea what this could be??? The owner said something about an engine from a generator that had been in korea or something... but that sounds weird :)

Pictures sent from the owner can be found here:

I know they are small... but that's all I have...

IMG_4727.jpeg

IMG_4728.jpeg

IMG_4729.jpeg

IMG_4730.jpeg

IMG_4731.jpeg

IMG_4732.jpeg

IMG_4733.jpeg

IMG_4735.jpeg

IMG_4736.jpeg

IMG_4737.jpeg

Overall, the jeep looks OK... (It doesn't have to be an original MB for me... can't afford it :D)

But what do you guys think of this? And how much is this worth?

Thanks in advance!

Too much... but he's willing to negotiate...

But before I'll post the price he asks for it.. how much would you guys pay for this? roughly?

It can be anywhere between £7,000 and £10,000 for a nice Jeep, it looks good, but then photographs tell you nothing. Check prices on MILWEB.

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with the Jeep.

Regards.

Ray.

Tnx for your response!

The price he asks for it is €14.000... that's about £11.500 - £12.000

And as you said, pictures tell you nothing...

But chasis/bodywork is in decent condition... It seems to run and brake good... Only the engine with chinese marks bothers me... you guys ever seen anything like that?

Tnx for your response!

The price he asks for it is €14.000... that's about £11.500 - £12.000

And as you said, pictures tell you nothing...

But chasis/bodywork is in decent condition... It seems to run and brake good... Only the engine with chinese marks bothers me... you guys ever seen anything like that?

Too much money, you should still be able to buy a Jeep for that kind of money from a reputable dealer, complete with a guarantee....... that at least provides a degree of confidence.

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your proposed purchase.

Regards.

Ray.:kissoncheek: