Your Perfect M V

Big Al

I've toyed with building a replica of one of the prototype Mack NO4 or NO5 recovery trucks.

It would have a 14 litre Cummins coupled to an original gearbox, twin circuit spring brakes and faster axles. (I have a minimum requirement of 40mph for safety on motorways.)

All I need is a couple of scrap Mack NOs, a scrap Ward Lafrance for the crane and a big dry workshop...

I still may do it one day.

Afraid not :-( I think someone jumped in as he was supposed to be sending me more pics but I heard nothing more,despite a couple of emails.

There was another for sale not far from me but it had been butchered by the collector who owned it,Cummins fitted,wrecker body removed etc and he was asking £4000.

Matt.

For now, my perfect MV is my jeep. Cheap to run, easy to store, and great to just go out and play in.

Afraid not :-( I think someone jumped in as he was supposed to be sending me more pics but I heard nothing more,despite a couple of emails.

There was another for sale not far from me but it had been butchered by the collector who owned it,Cummins fitted,wrecker body removed etc and he was asking £4000.

Matt.

There's a Ward le France for sale in the NE. The engine isn't original, but it's in good condition, and with a suitable original engine, could be reworked to original.

This 1944 Wrecker has had a great deal of restoration work carried out including the rear body rebuilt. The powered crane is fully operational, and the Garwood front and rear winches all work. New search lights and light up siren also fitted. All Jacks/Stays are complete.

The Wrecker is powered by a Leyland Diesel and also features Power Steering. The equipment trailer is also included in the sale.

http://www.sacarr.co.uk/mvtne/wreckersale.htm

width=350 height=263http://www.sacarr.co.uk/mvtne/sale/wrecker2.JPG[/img]

Steve