GPW/MB winter canvas top

elvis3006

hi everyone,i just got a new US Winter canvas top kit for my GPW from Worthing Canvas. it is great,excellent quality. i was wondering if anyone has this kit and a copy of the instructions. my kit was delivered without instructions. any help would be great. thank you. Rob

hi everyone,i just got a new US Winter canvas top kit for my GPW from Worthing Canvas. it is great,excellent quality. i was wondering if anyone has this kit and a copy of the instructions. my kit was delivered without instructions. any help would be great. thank you. Rob

Hi, I recently got a kit..I didn't get any instructions, but fitted without problems. What's the problem?

Doug

hi Doug,i need to know where the side curtain rods fit in regards to the top bow bracket. do i just remove the middle bolt and swing it out of the way, and bolt the side curtain rod to the body? also how do i attach the two y bars to the windshield frame,i see how the y end fits over the front bow and is secured in the canvas/side curtain rod....but how do i use those s shaped things with the windshield:cool2:? thank you for any advice.

hi Doug,i need to know where the side curtain rods fit in regards to the top bow bracket. do i just remove the middle bolt and swing it out of the way, and bolt the side curtain rod to the body? also how do i attach the two y bars to the windshield frame,i see how the y end fits over the front bow and is secured in the canvas/side curtain rod....but how do i use those s shaped things with the windshield:cool2:? thank you for any advice.

Hi, Not sure I'm going to be much help. The kit I bought from worthing canvas UK, consisted of Tilt; 2 side panels, 2 doors and 2 hinges.It doesn't sound like the same as yours.

Anyway...It might be of help to you so, here goes:

I replaced tilt with the new canvas.flats around bow and clipped together.

Loosely fit tighten straps ( canvas was tight at first.

Side panels attach to top and back to the tilt eyelets/ turnbuckles.

The side panel has a pocket on the front . Open it up a little and push over the Bow support to hold it in place.

Door hinges are 2 L shaped round bar brackets threaded at the end for a bolt & wingnut

Line the door up to the tilt at the top - leave clearance to open- mark and drill hole through the windscreen support.

Fit the doors....push top flats between windscreen and frame and fasten inside.

Bottom flat has eyelet which fits over lower hinge and held on by wingnut.

tighten up straps

lovely and warm for the winter.... Although you might want to soak the canvas and let it dry... i didn't and hit the first rain and it leaked... But it soes stop! eventually.

Still a nice bit of kit tho.

Doug