Fleet numbers

lightweight

Martin,

W-302805 as a number doesnt match from my (very limited) documentation, but it's very close. could it be 320 not 302 at the beginning? Because W 320805 ties in exactly right as far as I can see, for a 1941 Y series truck. Im assuming she's a cargo? If it is, and if you have the serial number plate in the cab, does the serial number have either 'YJ' (cargo non winch)or 'YM' (cargo with winch) in among the digits? Theoretically (and other Chevy owners correct me if Im wrong) but 1941 trucks are either Y series or Z series, 1942 to 1945 trucks are N series.

Thanks very much for looking that up.

Definitely 302 - picture attached. Possibly a deliberate mistake by the previous owner? I haven't asked him I must admit. It is the cargo version (G7107?), you are quite right.

Sadly, I can't find any of the data plates - I have a chassis number but I don't think that it helps. Perhaps if I get round to a repaint I'll change the digits over but in the meantime it's nice to know that it's right for its age.

Now I need to know what the 'UK-MD12' means!

54892.jpg

30xxxxx were tanks as 30 was the tank prefix so definately wrong.

Number prefixes, Courtesy of 'Degsy', back in 2007;

3 - Trucks, medium 1.5ton (cargo, dump,truck-tractor).

30 - Tanks, all sizes and certain tank based special vehicles