Starting restoration on first of two T16s

t16carrier

A friend of mine and I are beginning the restoration of a T16. We have two of them in varied states of disrepair, but after seeing the starting condition of similar projects I feel like we are already well on the way. I will start posting pictures as soon as possible, but currently the photo bank is empty.

As typical starting restorers we have a lot of questions related to finding parts and what others have done to remanufacture their own.

Any advice or recommendations will be appreciated.

Eric

Eddy,

I just noticed the Location on my post is empty. Yours says you are in Manchester. I doubt if that is Missouri or Kansas, but hopefully the carrier forum extends to the mid-west of the US.

Eric

MLU forum is the best carrier site on the web. Loads of very helpfull carrier restorers on there. John.

Hi Eric

Have you considered starting a thread on the restoration sub forum- currently we've already got a Universal and a Loyd carrier- perhaps some-one might find a Windsor and give us a full set:D -an Oxford would be going too far:nut:

Steve

hi eric

i got my carrier from john bizal at www.midwestmil.com in minnesota so give him a try, he sells carrier parts so it would be a good place to start.

all the best with the resto

eddy

Eddy,

I've looked at midwestmil several times to see if there are any parts that might fit a T16. He's got some good looking bins and other sheet metal parts, but I honestly don't know what Carrier parts are compatible with a T16. We're looking at ways of fabricating our own, to include bins and pins.

Eric

Hi Eric

Have you considered starting a thread on the restoration sub forum- currently we've already got a Universal and a Loyd carrier- perhaps some-one might find a Windsor and give us a full set:D -an Oxford would be going too far:nut:

Steve

Steve,

Being a Cruit to HMVF, I'm still in the dark on a lot of things. What do you recommend?

Eric

Eric

The Restoration blogs are the first threads in the vehicles sub forum and includes many interesting threads -notably Adrian Barrell's Sherman V M4A4 thread, it's entirely up to you but if you're doing a protracted rebuild, it will certainly be enjoyable for everyone to have insight into your project and I'm sure information and assistance will be offered, as it will be in the Tracked vehicles forum -but Tracked Vehicles is used for all sorts of threads whereas Restorations is for just that.

Steve