Biederman trucks

Rolf S. Ask

According to Vanderveen all the Biederman were built to a standard Air Force specification (6x6 7.5ton tractor model F1), The fifth wheel equipped tractor used to pull the fuel tanker was fitted with either the Hercules HXC165bhp or HXD180bhp engine,theTractor, wrecker C2 was used by USAAF to salvage crashed aircraft and for general towing,the Michigan TMCT16 equipped crane was designated P1 and was also used by the RAF, this used a special version of the standard 6x6 chassis. The wrecker was fitted with the Hercules HXD engine and although it is not specifically mentioned I think it would be safe to assume the crane used the same engine as it was based on the standard tractor.

Hope this is some help to you Rolf, incidentally I have used the spelling shown by Vanderveen as this is the only way I have seen the name spelt previously. (With apologies to Karoshi if this is incorrect).

Regards

Degsy

Thanx a lot Degsy!

This for sure helps.

I have tryed to google the net, but it seems there are very little info on these trucks arround. Any hints on web-pages?

I am promissed some photos to night of a P1- crane... And for sure it will be an article in our magazine.

Chers

Rolf

• 1 month later...

Well here is the logo as it apears on the truck.

Then we should now how to spell it....

And slowly I am finding info on them... from many various forums arround.

One thing is for sure. The web and all you folks arround the world is a huge source of knowlege!!

chers

Rolf

width=425 height=206http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5348/biedermanlogoredusertam2.jpg[/img]