Hello Steve Tydeman from: Bournemouth

Hi Im SteveTydeman 27 married to Aimee we live in Bournemouth I have a Landrover 109FFR share and you may have seen me at the Dorset MVT meetings.

Ive attended the following shows with the Landrover so far this year:

Bournemouth Aviation Museum Vintage Transpor Day

Westbury Gathering

Trucks and Troops

Duxford

Canford Arena

Yeovilton Airshow

Lepe beach

War and Peace

I am the founder of the 118th signals Regiment

http://118thsignalsregiment.blog.co.uk/2010/07/27/war-and-peace-9052718/

We are always looking for 1980s Vehicles to join us and were a Friendly Bunch please get in touch!

Im also on the Bournemouth Aviation Museum Events Team

the next event were planning is the Military Vehicle and Cockpt Day on

Sunday 26th September.

www.aviation-museum.co.uk

Also in between these events, children and work im helping to plan the Dorset MVT show planned for the 1st May Bank Holiday 2011 at the Tank Museum at Bovington. It should be a big one so keep that weekend free and more details we appear soon.

Having only been in the Hobby 18 months ive already met some fantastic people and had some great memorys.

Regards

Steve and Aimee

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the Welcome The Forces 80 Website is fantastic! It looks as if youve had a busy year. I see your at Broadlands, Romsey at the weekend not far from me. Im not sure Ill be able to have a look as were at another event just a few miles away. :(

Do you have any photos of Landrovers in the late 70s/early 80s as Ive been struggling to find some? Any pointers would be welcome.

Thanks

Steve

Please Support:

Bournemouth Aviation Museum Military and Vehicle Day

Sunday 26th September

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the Welcome The Forces 80 Website is fantastic! It looks as if youve had a busy year. I see your at Broadlands, Romsey at the weekend not far from me. Im not sure Ill be able to have a look as were at another event just a few miles away. :(

Do you have any photos of Landrovers in the late 70s/early 80s as Ive been struggling to find some? Any pointers would be welcome.

Thanks

Steve

Please Support:

Bournemouth Aviation Museum Military and Vehicle Day

Sunday 26th September

Hi Steve,

I wont be there this weekend, working saturday, then 7 days R&R in North Yorks!!!

I havnt got normal Landys in service, but I do have the odd ambulance and fire tender on my fotopic site, its easier to find in service shots of 4 tonners though. Have a look on my site, you never know whats on there!!! (I cant remember myself what is on all the sections)

I was parked opposite you at Duxford, the yellow 90

All the best

Mark

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum. Got the 118sig blog saved as fav. to keep up with what your all up to. Promted me to perhaps start my own. My self and mates display our 109FFR and my Airportable FFR (Mark joins us at some events, and we join Mark).

Set up 2off 9x9's as sig.posts, new this year so building display up. Just aquired a sig. gen. to get the gear powered up.

Andy.

I'm glad you liked the website I enjoy it as its nice to look back on what we've achieved and good to share photos with others.

If you do start one yourself I would be interested in having a look so be sure to send me the link. What shows have you attended this year? Im always keen to speak with other Landrover owners and enjoy 80s set ups.

A generator is a good Idea Terry in our Regiment has one and we use it to set up a flood light over our display at night and really helps.

I think once you have a couple of Landys and 9X9s your half way there!

Cheers

Steve

Please Support Military Vehicle and Cockpit Day

Sunday 26th September

118th Signals Regiment

http://118thsignalsregiment.blog.co.uk/2010/07/05/canford-arena-trowbridge-armed-forces-weekend-8920177/

Bournemouth Aviation Museum

http://www.aviation-museum.co.uk/

Edited by 118thsignalsregiment

Hi Steve. Events this year! Started sort of Easter and not had a weekend off since (excepting work). Can follow the more interesting ones via. my fotopic site and forum. Last event RAF Shawbury, ended up giving talks to cadets!! on Clansman.

My Landi fitted out, 353/352/321 just a DMU to get.

My mates 109 being fitted for rebroadcast, we now want the correct teleprinters to demo kit when power sorted safe. Genny is 24v,12v and 240v.

I also have started to attend events with forces80, I'm very interested in the correct kit for c1980's.

Will try to keep in touch.

Andy.

Excellent photos! You have some great gear we have gone for 1985 so our Kit is going to be all 85 pattern. I think Forces 80 are fantastic they have potential of huge displays. Im hoping our Regiment will grow with time. Its still early stages for us but were pleased with the way its heading.

It was our first War and Peace this year still recovering from such an amazing week. We will be back next year will try and meet up so we can compare notes!

Cheers

Steve