tracing mil reg. no.

haybaggerman

Question

I know there have been a few posts around this subject, but, I may have just hit a deadend here.

I sent off a v888 (I think it was) which gives the DVLA's knowledge of the history of the vehicle, hoping that the mil reg may have been used at some point during its registration for civvy street.

The info has come back that it was sold by A F Budge Ltd in 1994 with the following info.

mil. sale no. 69MS57,

mil reg is given as unknown.

The chassis no. is ALV915 (which is stamped on the escape hatches too.)

Alvis saracen ACV AFB 132 (stock number?)

Engine no. 6A/L 02130

According to a letter from the DESO, MOD, the saracen has a date into service on June 1959.

It was then sold to a Dr Elton A Eckstrand of Ayrshire, then to the M Q Trust of Gravesend, then onto the previous owner to me.

Does anyone know of a way forward from here? Maybe I can narrow it down to an individual contract with the date in service?

Thankyou for any help, much appreciated.

Paul

3 answers to this question

I know there have been a few posts around this subject, but, I may have just hit a deadend here.

I sent off a v888 (I think it was) which gives the DVLA's knowledge of the history of the vehicle, hoping that the mil reg may have been used at some point during its registration for civvy street.

The info has come back that it was sold by A F Budge Ltd in 1994 with the following info.

mil. sale no. 69MS57,

Engine no. 6A/L 02130

According to a letter from the DESO, MOD, the saracen has a date into service on June 1959.

It was then sold to a Dr Elton A Eckstrand of Ayrshire, then to the M Q Trust of Gravesend, then onto the previous owner to me.

Does anyone know of a way forward from here? Maybe I can narrow it down to an individual contract with the date in service?

Paul

Hi Paul,

John here, I think I'm in the same situation as you :yawn::yawn:, I'm trying to find out information on an Albion Lorry I have, I have all her military details but where can I go with it.Is it possibly to find out more (when she was put into service and where she has been with the army etc). Any suggestions as to who I could turn to next.(archives etc):-)

Albion CX22

Chassis No WD census No Post-War No

63717B H5191524 12 RD 79

Looking forward to your reply,

John

Edited by AlbionCx22ownerinIreland

mil. sale no. 69MS57,

Engine no. 6A/L 02130

Paul

Hi Paul,

For the history the first stop should be the librarian at Bovington but that presumes that you have the military reg. If you haven't been able to obtain the reg by sanding down the areas where the reg is likely to be you're snookered.

What might be worth having a go at is contacting the previous owners, I suspect that budge might be a none starter especially if they were the ones that renovated the vehicle.

Even here nothing shows up! http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?16817-Saracen-Build-up/page18

53MS31 Chieftain Mk 7 ARRV Iran

53MS37 Chieftain Mk 7 ARRV Iran

56MS06 GKN Sankey MCV 80 Trials Prototype Warrior

56MS09 Chieftain 900 Bovington Tank Museum 1995

72MS81 Stalwart Mk 1 Budge

72MS86 Stalwart Mk 1 Budge

Good luck!

Monty.