Calling all Pig fans

RecyMech

Afternoon Pig fans.:cool2:

When it's too wet & cold to be out restoring the real Pig you might like to be indoors building one of these.... It's our latest 'Classic British' release, 3rd in the series, Mk2 Humber Pig in 1/24th scale. (my eyes are no good for 1/35th anymore :nut:)

I just finished putting the first test build together (pictures here http://www.kitformservices.com/tq.html) 210mm (8.25") long with the rear doors closed. Apart from the seat belts being a right fiddle it's not too much of a 'Pig' to build either.

Hope you like it.....Bedford MK next, then Saladin & Ferret :banana:

PS

Would like to thank Clive 'mine of information' Ellitott for his help, support, & suggestions in getting the kit together.

H

Edited by RecyMech

Got a tentative urge to do some matching Land Rover stuff in due course yes, but need to speak politely to those nice people at LR re permissions etc etc.....grape vine tells me they can be slightly touchy otherwise.

Sort of fancy a Lightweight with the Makralon (is that spelt right?) body kit...maybe even the 1 tonner. Too many to choose from really.

Theres a 3 series LWB out now from Italeri...makes a useful base kit...& you can still get the 109 Paras LR kit occasionally too.

Later.......H

Got a tentative urge to do some matching Land Rover stuff in due course yes, but need to speak politely to those nice people at LR re permissions etc etc.....grape vine tells me they can be slightly touchy otherwise.

Sort of fancy a Lightweight with the Makralon (is that spelt right?) body kit...maybe even the 1 tonner. Too many to choose from really.

Theres a 3 series LWB out now from Italeri...makes a useful base kit...& you can still get the 109 Paras LR kit occasionally too.

Later.......H

Yes but if i'm going to have a 1/24 model of my pig, then it stands to reason i need a 1/24 model of my piglet lol.

Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, right i'm off for nice cuppa of tea lol

Afternoon Pig fans.:cool2:

When it's too wet & cold to be out restoring the real Pig you might like to be indoors building one of these.... It's our latest 'Classic British' release, 3rd in the series, Mk2 Humber Pig in 1/24th scale. (my eyes are no good for 1/35th anymore :nut:)

I just finished putting the first test build together (pictures here http://www.kitformservices.com/tq.html) 210mm (8.25") long with the rear doors closed. Apart from the seat belts being a right fiddle it's not too much of a 'Pig' to build either.

Hope you like it.....Bedford MK next, then Saladin & Ferret :banana:

PS

Would like to thank Clive 'mine of information' Ellitott for his help, support, & suggestions in getting the kit together.

H

Lovely mate ! A credit to your skills ! Would you be able to produce a 1/24 model of me to stand next to my model Pig please :nut: ! Will the winch be an optional leave off item in the kit as mine has not got one fitted ! Just out of possible interest what would the model cost to have it built to that standard please ? Regards Andy ( We met at Gaydon lorry show !) Where I purchased a built up Crusader from a gent in the model hall ! I believe one of yours ?:D

DSC06922.jpg

DSC08540.jpg

Hi Andy,

Cheers for the comment....more like full credit to David Jane the brilliant pattern maker I use for the masters. I'm really just responsible for the overall plan, the photoetch parts & the instructions, David does the clever stuff. Nice to meet you at Gaydon by the way.

The winch is a 'leave off / include in' item. There were a few Pigs with winches still fitted as you probably know, these being a left over from their 1 tonner origins. But it's simply a matter of not fitting it or the fairlead rollers. "tch, simples":-)

A model of your goodself next to one...hmmm....got some civvy figures here somewhere, will need to sand the hair off one for you though mate :cool2:

If you want to give me a call sometime on 01205 480766 we can have a natter about build cost, spec, showcase etc. Certainly be more than happy to oblidge. Building a Mk5 Saracen for bloke shortly.

Re the Crusader model in the pic, it is certainly one of my cab transkits, but not one that I actually built. I did a TMW magazine feature on one that I built for an owner, looks like the chap here used that article for reference.

Press on...Pig instructions to write up.

cheers.....Howard.

Andy,

The penny has only just dropped.....27BK13 is the reg on the test build. So, I must have a picture of your motor in amongst my reference pics already !! Small World

H

You must have used the reg so that I couldn't not have one mate :D ! I'll PM you later tonight mate !