PRC351 into a lightweight ?

shatters

Hi all,

How does a Clansman PRC351 fit into a non-FFR (GS) Lightweight Land Rover ?

Has anyone got any pictures of this set-up ?

Many thanks

Phil

Can't help on pics but I'm sure I've seen lots of stuff on this topic on the EMLRA forums...

Hi all,

How does a Clansman PRC351 fit into a non-FFR (GS) Lightweight Land Rover ?

Has anyone got any pictures of this set-up ?

Many thanks

Phil

Hi Phil. Where to start? Have you got the equipment rack rack fitted? If you have this can be a simple installation. The installation handbook I have for the half-ton GS shows a FFR canvas would be required as the antenna arm is part of the equip. rack which makes antenna set up simple, just lead,insulators,bushings,antenna support and 2mt whip. Take it your radio is on a GS frame (Para wont do) Mounting frame required to bolt on rack which radio/frame clamp into, close to R/H side of tilt.Distribution box GS (fuse box) supplies power to the 14v charger for the radio battery. If installed using all leads, earth bonding etc it looks right. Handbook I have is Army code 61590, for PRC320 but shows correct locations for the boxes etc.Sorry dont know how to scan and post on thread. Hope some help though.

Good luck. WARNING.Intrest in radio kit can be very addictive, loads about and at mo. reasonable prices.

Andy.

Clansman 007.jpg