cvrw - brakes/coolant gauge and headlights

markbg

hi

well thanks to the help so far ive fixed the handbrake , the power steering and changed the oils so next and the last things to do (some hope) is to fix the headlights wjich dont work - the side lights/ indicators all work so im hoping its just the bulbs that need changing - does anyone know what i should buy?

as to brakes ive had a look at the indicator pins shown on the diagram in yhe manual and 2 need changing - can i do that with the wheels on as i can access the access hatch at the back and i think from the description that i can remove the old brake pads via rhis hatch - is this just wishful thinking?

lastly the coolant gauge is not working which is a bit of a worry - i had a look at the coolant tanks but saw no wire or thermometer type thing which should show the temp so im not sure if its the gauge or the sensor thats the problem - anyone know where the sensor is for coolant?

as ever thanks for the help - im nearly there

cheers

Mark

Mark,

I'd take the wheels off to do the brakes, but you'll need a hand as they are heavy. Headlamp bulbs are hard to find, and expensive. Hopefully its something simple like the switch or fuse?

Chris

Mark,

I'd take the wheels off to do the brakes, but you'll need a hand as they are heavy. Headlamp bulbs are hard to find, and expensive. Hopefully its something simple like the switch or fuse?

Chris

even simpler ;) the previous owner fitted a 12v spotlamp not a proper 24v lamp so it had burnt the wires - i tested the handbrakes tho and they still dont hold the vehicle on the slope - i think i may need new bands :(

also tried to drain the coolant and the nut will not turn at all - im sure they are made of brass so maybe its fused on - any tricks to loosening it up?