Here in Tewkesbury UK

Invicta

Is me and my 1975 Mitsubishi Model J26 Jeep.

Made under license to Willys these J20 series were the last of the 'military' Jeeps

made before the J50s, Pajeros?Monteros and Shoguns which were mainly for the Japanese domestic market.

I've seen a J20 being driven by what looks like a civil servant on a web site dedicated to American Military Police who served in Vietnam, apart from this I have no other evidence they were used outside of Japan. Which fits with one of the terms of the licensing agreement.

6 were imported by Colt UK.

They have 1 but I can't find any trace of the remaining 4.

There are some in the Phillipines, 1 in the USA and, apart from some in Museums, around 20 still on the road in Japan.

I use the Jeep - called harvey (because he's a bit of a Wall Banger) daily as my main transport. Although it's based on the CJ3B the engine is a 2.4 ltr narrowblock ASTRON 4G53 with original 4 speed KM140 column change box based on the 3 speed T90 in the CJ3Bs with original Hi/Low transfer. And a Warn 'all gear' overdrive I've had fitted. Apart from adding a set of 16" rims all is original other than a tailgate off a Landrover.

I hope to see some of you at the Ashchurch camp in June and around this site.

Kind regards,

Bernard

Hello and welcome,

I'm sure someone will be along soon with a suggestion for your gearbox problems.

Look forward to seeing you at our June show at Ashdown camp, just a few miles up the road from Ashchurch.

cheers

Paul