Ferret building a better mouse trap

robin craig

So, as I await the 2 Canadian Ferrets I have bought, I am already thinking of things to do.

My main thoughts are to take this opportunity to correct any "issues". Im kind of dissapointed as the only two things that I think I need to do apart from all the usual cleaning are to fit electronic ignition and to fit a battery master shut off.

Im also tempted by a spin on oil fliter kit and would like to find one for the pesky Vokes fuel filter also.

Can any other Ferret owners think of any other parts that can be modified for any kind of improvement but in a such a way as to be reversed if needed?

What would you guys do?

Attached is a picture of the pair as is.

Robin

canadian ferrets bought.jpg

So, as I await the 2 Canadian Ferrets I have bought, I am already thinking of things to do.

My main thoughts are to take this opportunity to correct any "issues". Im kind of dissapointed as the only two things that I think I need to do apart from all the usual cleaning are to fit electronic ignition and to fit a battery master shut off.

Im also tempted by a spin on oil fliter kit and would like to find one for the pesky Vokes fuel filter also.

Can any other Ferret owners think of any other parts that can be modified for any kind of improvement but in a such a way as to be reversed if needed?

What would you guys do?

Attached is a picture of the pair as is.

Robin

Add a servo

Get rid of the fuel tap have fuel fed from both sides of the tank

Seperate fuel filter added inline somewhere out of sight

Change the tyres to non run flats just think four great big flywheels dragging you fwd during braking

Just ideas

Chris is correct in saying the right hand vehicle has a home made turret, otherwise known as a POST ie Previous Owner Stupid Trick.

Servo for what? Brakes?

Hmm Fuel system idea sounds interesting and doable but not really required if you cycle the selector often and keep the tank full anyway.

So what other ideas? Come on there must be some more ideas out there.

Robin

Chris is correct in saying the right hand vehicle has a home made turret, otherwise known as a POST ie Previous Owner Stupid Trick.

Servo for what? Brakes?

Hmm Fuel system idea sounds interesting and doable but not really required if you cycle the selector often and keep the tank full anyway.

So what other ideas? Come on there must be some more ideas out there.

Robin

It would have helped if I said brake servo well worth doing and was a mod carried out by the MOD.

Most owners seem to want to keep the vehicle in the spec that it was used during service any mods r usually stop gaps till they find the correct parts. Any mods that they do find to be of use end up being hidden.

Not the answer you're after but you have already mentioned the basic ones battery cut off switch and the like.

I'll add another and I know Ian Wallace had this idea and did it, LED replacement lights for the side, indicator and brake lights. Indicator lights required more resistance in the circuit for them to operate the flasher unit.