Saving a frame from youtube

fv1609

I've worked out how to save a frame from youtube, by enlarging the clip & saving the screen & pasting it.

But I want to get rid of lower tool bar? I know I can crop it, but it sits on top of some of the image & there are occasions where I would loose some important coverage.

Once I've freezed a frame, I go to full screen, but am stuck with this tool bar. How can I get rid of that?

This might even be my pig:

Image2.jpg

Clive, here is a link to Photoscape, it is a free photo editing program, it has a nice screen capture tool that works well and is easy to use.

You can select and open in the editor any part of the screen, then you can 'save as' from there.

http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/screenshot.php

At the top of the page is a download tab

OK GE that might be useful as it looks a bit more automated anyway. Does it have a facility to slow a clip? At the moment, I have to keep firing the pause button to hit the frames that I want & that is a bit tiresome trying to grap the frame I want.

The advice seems to be to download & store as a mpg then run at a lower speed. But I can't see how to save a youtube clip. So will Photoscape help get round that?

Edited by fv1609

It does not appear to work when youtube is in full screen view, that is, the capture menu is hidden, I cut this straight off a paused utube clip, could have done better with the selecting to get rid of the border though.

No video tools in the program that I can see.

pig2.jpg