Latest CMV

Great War truck

This arrived yesterday and as usual very interesting, but it has raised a lot of questions for me.

In the editorial it refers to the Newark Vintage Show and in particular last years show where there was an unrestored "Great War era truck". Does anybody know what it was or have a picture of it?

Thanks

Tim (too)

Tim,

We were at the Newark show last year on the Sunday. Those are our vehicles in the magazine. It was quite disappointing. It rained heavily all day and we were stuck outside in the middle of nowhere on our own. The tractors were in nice heated sheds. Eventually it got dark and we had to drive some 40 miles home in heavy rain with a Saladin, Ferret and CVRT Sabre. We have decided not to go this year. I do not remember seeing a Great War Truck, but will have a look at the photos.

Chris

Sounds disappointing. If you could have a look that would be great, as i am unaware of any WW1 trucks coming back from France recently. Saying that there are some that have been knocking about for a while and are yet to be restored.

Thanks

Tim

Tim,

Go to website of the show's organisers, www.fensvintage.co.uk/shows/newark/index.htm , look up pics of last years show under "commercials", there is a Mack of circa WW1 era, guess that might be the one mentioned by CMV.