Fordson WOT6 Machinery truck

johnguppy

I am seeking information and help with regards to the above vehicle , i see there is a vehicle forsale on milweb and as i am into British vehicles does anyone know of a fully restored and equitped vehicle

My reseach into restoring one of these vehicles any help with pictures old equiment fitted and tools carried

I do understnad that the vehicles where used for various roles so i guess this would depend on what was carried

Looking for pictures and infomation so far has not given me much to work on

Are then REME who know anyone who may have used ?

Has anyone got any old tools, plug cleaners, valve refacers and perhaps a genarator

thanks

Looking for pictures and infomation so far has not given me much to work on

Are then REME who know anyone who may have used ?

John,

Forgot to say, the REME Museum has one. To explain first, theirs is on a Bedford QL chassis, originally it would have been on a WOT6, but were rebodied to Bedfords for Korea campaign.

It is on display at REME Museum, Arborfield, Berks. and fully kitted with all machinery.

John

attached is a listing of the kit installed in a type X Ford WOT machinery i hope you can read it OK

Les,

The vehicle in question that John is researching, is a Machinery Type M. Different layout and machinery to your data and photo, the lathe is a 5" and mounted across body at the front (Type X has a 7" lathe, mid mounted longways). It already has the fixed wooden bench, witness marks show that it had a bench drill, valve refacing machine and bench grinder. Gen set was mounted in centre of body opposite bench, oxy/acet bottles stored at rear of body both sides.

Do you have data sheets for a Type M ?