Groombridge.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

There were plans to leave in convoy from Lees HQ,Because The Heliops engine decided not to play it all went to pieces and no alternative was made.The Scammell boys headed off and i managed to point a few people in the right direction.We went in the S1 but wasnt booked in,the queue outside was bad due to poor management inside,we looked for public parking but couldnt see any.We found ourselves in the exhibitors queue.

we were asked for our number,i said we didnt have one and was told.militarys down the end mate.When we left we even got a plaque.

It was a good day out.interesting building and grounds.good mix of vehicles,a visit by a Harvard and stunt flyer,the model planes were brilliant.

Beltring2009008.jpg

Beltring2009010.jpg

Beltring2009013.jpg

Beltring2009016.jpg

Beltring2009017.jpg

Beltring2009025.jpg

Er, excuse me old man -

Alternative plans were made.

I gave my vehicle pass and a route card to Steve and informed people I would not be attending as the 432 was knackered and I felt it wrong to go on a days jolly whilst other members were hard at work on my vehicle.

I don't know - some of you blokes need your hands held all the time!!!!!!

Still, you found your way so it couldn't have been that bad.

Er, excuse me old man -

Alternative plans were made.

I gave my vehicle pass and a route card to Steve and informed people I would not be attending as the 432 was knackered and I felt it wrong to go on a days jolly whilst other members were hard at work on my vehicle.

I don't know - some of you blokes need your hands held all the time!!!!!!

Still, you found your way so it couldn't have been that bad.

Well i informed the ones you didnt inform,but then you didnt know them so you couldnt inform them.Needed a sign at the meeting point,simples.

Old African saying,if you wish to eat a mango whole,first asertain the size of your asre hole.CW.

Thanks for that CW, looks like a lovely peaceful place

It was Deryck didnt get to walk the grounds but good reason to go back.

Beltring2009007.jpg

Beltring2009011.jpg

500 yr old tree

Beltring2009018.jpg

Beltring2009021.jpg

Beltring2009024.jpg

Beltring2009020.jpg

Beltring2009026.jpg

Have to make a note of that one for future reference . Love the SP250 . I know people say they are horrible things but there is just something quirky and likeable about them .

The police had them on the A40 ,trying to catch us leaving the ace cafe in the 60s,ok in a straight line.lovely exhaust note,happy days.cw.

Twas a good little show, esp as the rain we travelled through from beltring, and which was pelting down upon arrival stopped, and the sun came out...........

Flying display's were good, esp when the wind caught one of them whilst he was doing something interesting, :)............(probably caused the pilot do do something 'orribilly interesting :cool2::sweat:in the cabin as well)

Good mix of military types, as well as stationary engines, cars and m/cycles.

A Grand day out..............not mentioning CW fondling his BALLS :shocked: in the maize..........

Andy