Markings and paint scheme for Desert Storm/Operation Granby

FV601 (R.I.P.)

Question

Hi All

Preparing the 101 for its paint job and as it served in Desert Storm/ Op Granby was thinking of putting it back to that scheme.

Obviously main colour will be light stone but I am wondering what other markings or indicators I need to add apart from the red crosses.

Would appreciate any help as I dont particularly want to paint it in its normal guise (green / black) and as my Saladin is already in Cyprus livery I can always use that scheme at a later date.

Thanking all in advance

3 answers to this question

You need a copy of Bob Morrisson's Land Rovers in the Gulf if you can find one. My copy is packed up for house move so can't help. There were a couple of other publications that came out at the time that featured a lot of British vehicle but again my copies are packed away.

You need a copy of Bob Morrisson's Land Rovers in the Gulf if you can find one. My copy is packed up for house move so can't help. There were a couple of other publications that came out at the time that featured a lot of British vehicle but again my copies are packed away.

Good shout Sean.

I know Bob well and there isn't much he doesn't know about them :shock:

If you look at the 'British section on HMVF, you will see that Bob is a Mod for that section, click on his name and it will bring up his profile....give him a shout :D