So near but....

rippo

hello,

I'm just in the process of restoring a 1940 bedford mw, as seen in the introduction. At some point it has been fitter with the later type engine side panels with the slots in rather than the earlier panels which had one large slot with a grill/mesh behind it, i know these are very hard to come by but sometimes they do turn up. I traveled 200 miles to a dealers when he said he had a set, but when i got there they were reproduction one's and were completely wrong. He said he would keep his eyes open and if any turned up he'd grab them and let me know. :bow:

I was chatting to the dealer at war and peace and mentioned the side panels, and he said someone had offered him an original set that morning!! but he had forgotten i wanted them and let them walk away!!!:angry! I could have cried!!:rofl:!! Somewhere in this massive showground is a person with the parts i'm looking for!!!

If anyone knows this person with the panels for sale or indeed knows of a set of early side panels for sale please let me know.

Thanks