Hiring a Diamond T

tb2019

Question

Hi there, hope you're well.

It's my Dad's birthday soon and he's previously said he'd really like to drive a Diamond T tank transporter again. He's in his seventies and used to drive one when he was in the TA. It's quite a niche thing to want to do!

Does anyone know anywhere/anyone who might let my Dad test drive one? Obviously happy to pay for the time.

I've approached a number of companies that hire military vehicles out for films but I've had no such luck yet. Maybe there's a private owner who might be willing to help me out, I'm not quite sure how to reach them

I think it would really be something special for him to be able to have another go in a Diamond T, he's talked about them for as long as I can remember.

Anything you can do to help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

2 answers to this question

Hi Tom,

First, welcome to the friendliest MV forum on the internet. Hope you enjoy all the posts on here.

It is a great gesture that you are planning for your Dad, the T is one of the most beautiful trucks ever made. Perhaps you could tell the forum members where you are in the country as it could make a big difference to one of the many DT owners helping you out on this request. There are quite a few experts, both in the north and the south of the country. To make the post even more interesting, perhaps you can let us know where and when your Dad served with the TA  and does he remember a particular DT that he used to drive.

Regards,

Mike.

Thanks Mike. My Dad lives in Barnet in North London, but I'm sure he'd be willing to travel relatively far for the right opportunity.

I'm not sure about those other details you suggested but I'll try and find out.

Thanks!