Work Sheets

Surveyor

• 3 months later...

I have no idea on paperwork for vehicle records!

All I have are forms AB 413 Part 4: Vehicle Inspection and AB413 Part 5: Antifreeze Checks dated from the late 1980's. I would assume these forms are for the maintenance depot?

I also have various accident report forms etc from the green document wallet dating from 1950's to the 1990's.

Merlin.

Richard,

I opened up one of the 1996 dated Works Ticket Holders and have been through the paperwork.

The enclosed JSP 351: MT Drivers Handbook (rev. Feb 1986) mentions a Vehicle Worksheet, but one was not found in the wallet presumably as it was issued/ changed each journey? It does state in section 20: "Vehicle Worksheet. Documentation procedures vary but you are required to maintain a clear record of all particulars of each journey, or leg of each journey, including timings and fuel issues, on the vehicle worksheet provided by your controlling office."

Does this mean it is a locally produced form?

Aside the JSP 351: MT Drivers Handbook there is;
F MT 1005 (3/97): Vehicle Fault Report;
Sealed envelope labelled Accident/ Recovery Instructions, Open Only If Required. contained within:
F/MT3-2: Traffic Accident Report Form
F/MT3-3: Traffic Accident Reporting Procedures
Annex A to Chapter 18 to JSP 341 Part IV: Instructions to the driver in event of breakdown.
Axxex A to DRS Newsletter No 15 Amd 2 dated 12 July 1996: Windscreen and bodyglass Replacement and Repair
AF P 1922 For 'B' Vehicle Reapairs and Spares.

There is also a sizeable wad of A4 travel plan sheets, maps, route plans, timescales and contact details for various units for an exercise. Nothing at all showing individual vehicle details, mileage and fuel information.

Thanks jogged my memory, I used to the Navy version when you recorded on a sheet for a day, mileage and individual trips start and stop times through out the day, On the odd occasion  I drove Army the sheet was start and stop of the whole trip including an exercise, i.e. start and return to base.

I never came across the a4 items

The a4 wad of information included a mobile phone number for the REME recovery team (yes really), and unit information.

The bulk appears to be a very early version of autoroute-express or similar print outs with crude computer drawn maps and minute by minute timings to each junction along the route. Having just checked these were printed in 2000, but the pack is correct for mid to late 90's vehicles.

The only other Works Ticket Holder I have that is complete dates from 1955 and FMT (revised) x 3 and W.O. Code No 11076 Standing Orders for Drivers, A civilian drivers licence (with 6 month renewel sheets pasted inside)
There is also a reminder to complete AF G 3518 Transport Work Ticket or AF G 3652 Issue Voucher Convoy [cannot read text]