Another 3HW Restoration

Carruthers

Not that exciting but I thought it may be of interest.

Its 1942. Ended up in Algiers where it was recovered back to Blightly in 1955.

It has a fairly standard mod of Matchy G3L front end which I'm replacing with the original triumph girders. So I have a whole G3L front end spare now

1102.jpg

3HW.jpg

1101.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

1132.jpg

1148.jpg

Nice looking project. Interested to see that you have replaced the front forks .and returned it to its original configuration. I have seen a few sets of blades ..mostly from Greece but not seen any front ends. Have you gone for Indian copies or been lucky enough to trace an original set..?

Can I ask if the carburretor is original ? . I must admit I do fancy a 3hw

Jenkinov

Thanks for your interest Jenks

I have a set of fork blades and mudguard stays. I'm after the rest at the moment. I don't wish to buy Indian....

I'm just reassembling it now so I'll post some photos shortly

Thanks it would be interesting to see the rebuild ..my forks were ok so I have never stripped a set down..on the original photo set I see you have a rear rack ..did you get this with the bike.

Jenkinov

Hello there: i have a ride much like the picture, however, its the Indian/ Enfield. Single cylinder 350 maybe. Need a gasket kit & piston rings & pin. Everything else is good to go. I'm also looking for 1941 ( 741 ) indian scout parts. I was told it's a war bike from Downunder. ?? Need to know more history on her. It runs great just needs a speedo front brakes would be nice & more info about her. Any info send it my way please. Thanks Jim K USA

Carruthers. I have a triumph 3sw from contract c7162.....I keep finding items from this contract I recently acquired a spare engine ....and then found a further one which I now regret not buying...a friend has a triumph with a 500cc engine...we have identified the frame is from c7162 but it was 're engined after the war and go engine a pretty civilian paint job.

Jenkinov

• 3 weeks later...

hello , Nice to see a 3HW coming back to life ! Do you know that there is a repair on your frame just under the headstock to the front frame tube !

better have a good look if everything is well repaired because a repair like this was mostly done after a previous problem.

Guy