M8 Greyhound and M20

andy1960

Me and another are looking into buying an M8 or M20..Do they have data plates like other ex mil vehicles and if so where are they to be found? Whats the situation re spares availablity and what should we look out for when buying.Also the usual question what sort of money will we have to pay .Any input very much appreciated! Andy

Hi Andy

Yes will have data plates between driver and co driver area also chassis number generally on the front armour parts are not that easy to come by but are available if you know where to look. Price will depend if you want a runner or resto job also if you an M8 or M20 I may know of an M8 for sale

• 2 weeks later...

Andy ...what do you want to kmow mate....me and Tony can help....i used to have an M20 Tony has an M8......they are great vehicles.....get an uncut one if you can and price will be dependant on a lot of things...originality......how complete it is.......condition.....etc etc

Give us an idea of what your looking for and we can help.

Regards

Lloyd

Hi Andy,

youll have to pay anywhere between £40-50,000 for a fully restored M8. An M20 is a lot cheaper,engine, gearbox & brake parts are easy to come buy. Interior/body parts are hard to find. I personaly wouldnt touch a resto project, especially if the engine and interior parts are missing. I currently know of two fully restored M8s for sale !!

regards

stu