Pannier frame mounting brackets matchless 3gl

milbike

I have got a 1941 g3l,i have the rear rack with lugs for the pannier frames but even with spacers the frames bind on the rear brake rod etc,does anyone have some mounting brackets or pictures showing how the pannier frames were mounted,especially the lower brackets

thanks

I have got a 1941 g3l,i have the rear rack with lugs for the pannier frames but even with spacers the frames bind on the rear brake rod etc,does anyone have some mounting brackets or pictures showing how the pannier frames were mounted,especially the lower brackets

thanks

Hi ???

Send me an email, and I can email you the drawings/pictures.

Cheers,

Lex Schmidt

thanks

Have you got the rear tube-type bar fitted...? This wraps around the mudguard and spaces out the frames nicely.....I think Russell Motors had some originals....? From memory.....the rear brake rod is a pretty close distance to the frames, and I'd be tempted to look at other things, such as the operating arm (angle), etc........

• 2 weeks later...