larkspur radio setup in ferret

tony326

i have a complete larkspur boxes and B47/ C42 radio setup in my ferret with old larkspur headsets, i want to use clansman headset and mics with my larkspur boxes for better intercom,communication and hearing protection, anyone have a wiring diagram to convert or what is needed to use together.

• 2 weeks later...
i have a complete larkspur boxes and B47/ C42 radio setup in my ferret with old larkspur headsets, i want to use clansman headset and mics with my larkspur boxes for better intercom,communication and hearing protection, anyone have a wiring diagram to convert or what is needed to use together.

I crewed a rebroadcast Ferret in Command Troop 15/19H on and off (mainly on) between 1976 and 1980. The set-up was C42/B47 as you have. In 1980 we got Clansman had had to refit every vehicle in the regiment. The rebro Ferrets, being in a very radio-oriented role, got 2 times UK/VRC 353.

30-odd years later I cannot remember whether the Clansman harness for Ferret came as a full harness kit or a conversion kit. Since Ferret was a pure Larkspur set-up, I'd guess the former. (The CVR(T)s had been built for Clansman but budget restraints meant that they worked with Larkspur until Clansman was issued. Their Larkspur harness was a hybrid to give a degree of the Clansman function CVR(T) was designed for whilst still using Larkspur kit. I am quite sure CVR(T)s were issued a harness conversion kit rather than a full Clansman kit.)

What you really want is a full Clansman harness kit for Ferret but somehow I doubt you'll find one. That kit will have contained the diagrams you are looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Ferret with exactly what you describe. The IB2, crew boxes, headsets and fixed wiring were Clansman and the radios etc. Larkspur. There was an adapter box fitted between the IB and the radios (I had B41/C47) which was known as Clansman Larch. The radios worked fine as did the intercom. Unfortunately it's been a while since I sold it but there is a good Ferret site www.ferret-fv701.co.uk who may be able to answer the question

I have a manual thats been downloaded from the Yahoo Clansman & Larkspur group that shows a box that can be used in conjunction with Larkspur and Clansman. I suspect that you won't find the box easily as I have only ever seen one on ebay. Radio Adaptor Box (rab). I can send you the document its a Windjview file though send me a pm and I'll send you the document. You could just omit me and join the Yahoo Clansman & Larkspur group and download files from there and ask any questions of the group.

http://windjview.sourceforge.net/

Best regards