4 Jeeps transport to Portsmouth

44GPW

Hi all,

Looking into the possibility of using a transport company to take 4 Jeeps to Portsmouth for our 2012 Normandy visit.

Anyone used anybody they could recommend or have any idea of prices?

Leaving from Hertfordshire.

Thanks

Richard

ha ha....i have many user names (hiding from the Jeep police)!!

Yes, going there wasnt too bad although it took longer then anticipated and we made the Ferry crossing with only 15 mins to spare!!

Coming back was not nice. Hit the M25 during rush hour (yes, i know thats a stupid thing to do in a Jeep) and the other drivers were like nut cases!! Never again will we attempt it mid week, hence the reason we have planned Saturday to Saturday for next year.

It was also very costly on fuel and that was 2010 prices. At the current increase rate it could be double the price next year!!

Cant beat it over there though. Locals are so friendly and still wave as you drive past. One of the best things ive done and would recommend it to anyone with a vehicle especially.

Camping Le Robinson backs right onto the hills overlooking Omaha Beach. There was so much to find and explore right on our doorstep.

Eating out was the only downside. Dont let anyone ever tell you the French are known for their Cuisine. Absolute B*******. Finding a Resturant that was open was very difficult, and as for breakfast....forget it (unless you are mad on "Croc Meseaur" (Cheese on toast).

This year i will be head cook, so will will not be relying on any outside catering!!!

Edited by 44GPW

Catering........ you should have one of our guys with you, he is the self appointed cook. He pours every tin of stuff that we have into a pot and heats it up, we only stop him if he gets his hands on the tins of fruit, the funny thing is, it always and I do mean always tastes great, he says that its good for you, it sticks to your ribs. He once tried to get some U.S. friends of ours to indulge, but they ran a mile, nothing that we said would convince them of its nutritional value and exquisite taste.

We mostly sorted our own food. Found 1 decent restaurant in Carentan. The rest where very Pricey. Went in 1 bar and paid £40 for 5 beers and a coke, didn't bother with the menu after that.

Big Ray, I've had the pleasure of an all in. Just grab a selection of tins and throw them in the pot. Very filling.